Thursday, March 09, 2006

It is hard enough to build a church...

The reports on the news today about the three students (of a Christian college) who set fire to a number of churches makes me disgusted. Would I be any less or more disgusted if the arsonist were some Christ-hater? No, I guess not, but I might feel differently if I thought that the person was misguided/sick.
 
This is such a waste. It is a waste of all the materials that it took to build those churches. It is a waste of the hard earned money that went into the church buildings. It is a waste of time for everyone involved. I don't think there has been any reports of loss of life, but there easily could have been the waste of the life of a firefighter.
 
And it will be a huge waste of three lives if they get 40 years for these arson fire.
 
I couldn't help but think: what didn't these boys learn in their own churches, high schools, or their college? Remember the list of things about Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten? Surely there is something there about not breaking something that belongs to another.
 
I've often thought about the parents of people who end up in jail. Surely the parents are suffering now.
 
BTW, the unfinished church pictured next to my name has been in that condition for 30 years due to lack of funds to finish it.

Suspect: Church fires were joke that 'got out of hand'

3 Birmingham college students arrested

Wednesday, March 8, 2006; Posted: 3:11 p.m. EST (20:11 GMT)

 

(CNN) -- Three Birmingham college students were arrested Wednesday in connection with 10 church fires in Alabama last month, state and federal officials said.

One of the suspects said the fires began as a joke that "got out of hand," according to court papers filed Wednesday citing what a witness told investigators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what do you think?