Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No St. PS ???

Obviously PS isn’t my real name. But my real name is in the Bible, as a woman of great faith. It occurred to me that I’ve never seen my name listed anywhere as the name of a church or the name of a saint.

I just Googled my name as a saint and also as St ___ Church and I found many pages of listings, including the names of several US Navy ships. But apparently, it is quite common to list my name as an acceptable misspelling for a name of a certain male saint who has many things names after him. That seems rather odd to me, but it was written so in news accounts, bibliographies, etc.

My name is uncommon, but at a party on the weekend, someone called out my name and there were three of us within 5 feet of each other! I think we added a saintly glow to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what do you think?