Monday, May 18, 2009

Delayed gratification

I've been traveling from "the north" to the far eastern side of Wisconsin. That means I've been experiencing Spring in various stages but within a few days. Here on the east side of the state, the seasons are delayed because of the effect of the lake. When I drive back home, I'll get to enjoy the changing of the seasons backwards, but I may miss some of the ephemeral spring flowers back home.
Daffodils and tulips are God's way of teaching us to delay gratification.

3 comments:

  1. Weve been delayed and not gratifide through a long cold wet spring. Now the sun is shining, and the flowers is riz....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tulips came and went. My rose bushes are stirring to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lilacs! (I'm running out of arm strength now... you are my last stop...)

    ReplyDelete

And what do you think?