Thursday, May 07, 2009

Raspberry Vinaigrette

The first time I had Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing on a salad in a restaurant, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  I bought some of this in the store and I was so disappointed.  This recipe is from the 'net, but I've changed it a bit.

 Put in a jar:

1 Tbsp raspberry jam  (if your jam is really thick, put it in the jar and microwave it for about 10 sec.)

¼ C Raspberry vinegar

2 Tbsp orange juice

¼ tsp (or more) of garlic, fresh or from a jar.

Salt and pepper, a couple of shakes

¼ C + 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Opt: a drop or two of red food coloring.

 Shake, chill for awhile.  It must sit at room temperature for awhile to get the olive oil to thin out again.

Do you want a salad suggestion? 

Green leaf lettuce

Green and/or red pepper

Carrots, sliced or grated

Mushrooms, sliced

Pignoli (pine nuts)

Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Fresh raspberries, (seasonal)

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...it's also good on spinach and strawberry salad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is also very good as marinade for grilled chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife thanks you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

And what do you think?