Monday, August 07, 2006

You can't take it with you......

We've all heard this phrase. I thought it just referred to death and our belongings. I've been through some experiences in the past three weeks that has made me aware of other aspects of this thought.
You can't take it with you to the nursing home, either.
Suddenly, a person is reduced to having access to a few personal items (in three dresser drawers) and several changes of clothing in half of the closet, as well as a few pictures of family on the bulletin board.
Thanks to many of you for commenting and writing to me, lifting us up in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back. I hope you and family are doing well in the midst of all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly been (and continue to be) in my thoughts these past weeks. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still praying for you, P.S. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete

And what do you think?