Monday, January 19, 2009

One Good Reason to say Thank You to Mr. Bush

With all the commentary on television criticizing the presidency of George Bush, you'd think there was nothing at all good about his leadership in Washington. I'd like to refer you to one often overlooked aspect of Mr. Bush and American leadership and generosity, as written by an American living in Nigeria.

I had linked to Mary Beth's blog in the past, when Jos, Nigeria was in turmoil. She has written several other posts about the aftermath of that turmoil. Just look for the blog posts after November, 2008. Also see the Mashiah foundation link in the sidebar. I hope to see her when she visits her parents in the spring.

President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).

3 comments:

  1. It's easy to lose our sense of perspective, isn't it? We can easily demonize someone, making him/her responsible for all our ills as a people. Thank you for the link. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt that President Bush like all of us did some good things as well as some bad.
    I have never understood the violent hatred some have for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting link. I had never heard of PEPFAR. Thanks for the info. and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

And what do you think?