Friday, February 08, 2008

Book Meme

Singing Owl tagged me for a book meme. Here are the rules.

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)

Find Page 123.

Find the first 5 sentences.

Post the next 3 sentences.

Tag 5 people.

Ok, I am sitting next to a large book shelf, but my tote bag is between me and the shelves, so I took a travel book out of the bag. First let me explain that on 2/13 my husband and I are giving the lenten sermon/reflection/program at our church. The Lenten theme is Living Simply with God, and each week the theme will be based on Matthew 25: 35 - 40. This is the ELCA church wide topic for lent.

We were asked to do a program about our trip to Uganda, reflecting on the theme "Welcome the Stranger and Clothe the Naked." I'm working on my first computer presentation ever, so my resources are close at hand.

The book is Uganda Handbook by Michael Hodd and Angele Roche. Here are the three sentences:
"Houses were looted and then burnt to the ground, along with the surrounding shambas. It did not take long for the vegetation to grow up again so there is now not much evidence apart from a couple of burnt-out tanks left to rust on the roadside. As a result of the events in the area Luwero has received considerable attention from aid workers and foreign governments."

Tagging: (I'll come back and do this later.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

And what do you think?