Thursday, May 29, 2008

Eating in Frustration

Yes, I've been known to do this. I'm quite tall, so I can get away from this more than some people. Since I like being at the computer, I'm not active enough to wear off the extra calories, but I guess I must make up for the emotional eating some way.

I spend way too much time yesterday trying to unscramble a BIG mistake made by a woman at our bank with our money from our account. Well, it is really not ours, only on loan from God. But that money may have gone to an island on the other side of the world due to her oversight. Sigh. I have to go to the bank as soon as I get off the computer and tell them which numbers go in which spaces on their forms.

Yesterday I had a huge headache from working on this. I made tacos for supper, plus I cut up strawberries. It was a good supper, but I was observing myself eating like I was a vacuum cleaner. I was shoveling it in due to my frustrations.

Then the thought hit me: what about the people who are starving or just getting by with one meal a day? What do they do when they are this frustrated? Why was I reacting so strongly when I wasn't the least bit personally, physically, threatened by what happened? Currently, there is a food shortage in much of the world that usually does OK with food supplies. We all know about the really bad starvation already, so much so, that it is easy to ignore it rather than dedicating some of our funds for relief.

The money that may have gone astray may end up at an orphanage that DH visited 3 years ago. Maybe God's hand was in this mistake. Who knows? Calm down, myself, and see how this plays out.

1 comment:

And what do you think?