Thursday, August 28, 2008

Never thought I'd say this....(political convention version)

I never thought I'd say that I'm enjoying the speeches at the Democratic convention. I'm not enthralled by the political hack speeches, the canned speeches, but I am enjoying the heartfelt speeches, such as the one by Beau Biden about his father, Joe Biden, the nominee for VP.

I enjoy language, so I'm enjoying speeches of those politicians who are jabbing the word balloons of the opposition. It will be interesting next week when the Republicans have their turn. It is all too easy to get swept into the mood when one hears only one viewpoint. It will also be interesting to see what the commentators have to say, since they now seems so enthralled by the Dems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what do you think?